- Job Title: UI Designer (freelance)
- Employment Type: Freelance
- Date Posted: 11/01/2017
- Location: Chicago, IL
- Job #: JO-1711-819
Seeking personable, fast and proficient UI Designer to work with stakeholders and internal clients on a freelance per-project basis to provide creative solutions and design powerful and effective interactive motion graphics for emails and various correspondence.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES
- Deliver cutting edge, intuitive UI designs, from concept through to launch
- Define and develop current GUI style guides, standards and design practices, as well as remain knowledgeable about emerging GUI standards and trends
- Maintain design consistency via the use of style guides, style sheets and enforcement of established standards and best practices
- Work with lead to establish best practices for following GUI standards design and testing in conjunction with stakeholders, executives, and company policies
- Collaborate with full Agile teams to deliver the desired UI design on time and within budget
- Other duties as assigned
- 5+ years in software design (a plus)
- Proficiency in design tools such as Photoshop, Illustrator, Dreamweaver, Bootstrap, etc
- Excellent graphic design skills as well as interaction design skills
- Demonstrated expertise in page layout, graphic design, and user interaction design.
- Ability to work efficiently in a fast paced environment.
- User-centered Design methodology experience a plus
- Ability to understand how creative design and user interface requirements integrate with a company’s branding and marketing strategies.
- Excellent communication skills and ability to present to all levels within an organization
- Stay up to date with new technologies and industry trends
- Touch screen design a plus
Education & Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in Design, Art, Multimedia or related field; or equivalent work or training experience.
- 4-6 years’ experience in UI design; 2+ years in software design preferred.
- At least 2+ years in corporate design experience.
http://teampeople.force.com/careers: Please note, when applying candidates should use Google Chrome, FireFox or Safari web browser. Candidate may experience issues with Internet Explorer/Edge.
DIVERSITY INCLUSION + CUSTOMER SERVICE STATEMENT
We respect, value and celebrate the unique attributes, characteristics and perspectives that make each person who they are. We also believe that bringing diverse individuals together allows us to collectively and more effectively address the issues that face our customers. It is our aim, therefore, that our partners, strategies and investments reflect these core values. TeamPeople is dedicated to providing superior customer service and is an Equal Opportunity Employer.