- Job Title: Freelance CAD Specialist (Boston)
- Employment Type: Freelance
- Date Posted: 1/10/2018
- Location: Boston, MA
- Job #: JO-1801-849
On a short-term, per-project basis, conduct site visits of conference, meeting and event spaces, conduct basic measurements and draw diagrams (as-bulits) in AutoCAD to spec. Provide professional consultation and deliverables according to project deadlines.
- Understand client requirements for event space measurement and final drawing deliverables
- Conduct efficient and friendly site visit to understand the scope of the event space
- Manage the clients’ expectations with regards to on-location presence and agreed timeline
- Measure agreed event spaces using a laser distance measuring tool, recording notes for final drawing
- Communicate any diversions from project scope
- Draw event spaces using Autodesk AutoCAD and deliver final files as .dwg
- Update or revise drawings as requested by client
- Ability to interface effectively with a variety of people including team personnel, clients and vendors to establish productive, ongoing relationships
- Ability to maintain high level of professionalism
- Proficient in Autodesk AutoCAD
- Ability to read, speak and effectively communicate in the English language
- A strong sense of urgency in solving customer requests to ensure timely resolution is critical
- Ability to read and notate on high-level schematics, signal flow diagrams and construction drawings
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE AND CERTIFICATIONS
- Minimum 7+ years engineering, architecture, A/V, broadcast or integration experience
- 5+ years’ experience with Autodesk AutoCAD software
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Communications or related field preferred. Technical school training with equivalent experience also considered.
- CTS, CTS-D or PMP certification are desired
^ Please note: When applying please use, Google Chrome, FireFox, or Safari browsers. Users may experience issues with Internet Explorer.
DIVERSITY INCLUSION + CUSTOMER SERVICE STATEMENT
We respect, value and celebrate the unique attributes, characteristics and perspectives that make each person who they are. We also believe that bringing diverse individuals together allows us to collectively and more effectively address the issues that face our customers. It is our aim, therefore, that our partners, strategies and investments reflect these core values. TeamPeople is dedicated to providing superior customer service and is an Equal Opportunity Employer.