- Job Title: AV Design Engineer
- Employment Type: Freelance
- Date Posted: 1/02/2018
- Location: Washington, DC
- Job #: JO-1801-845
AV DESIGN ENGINEER – WASHINGTON, DC
Working with a dedicated in-house team servicing a large campus, this Design Engineer will evaluate AV technology requests, develop drawings and provide recommendations for achieving end user goals. The Design Engineer will design and draw AV systems and spaces as per client spec and offer state-of-the-art, innovative solutions and forward-thinking approaches to system design and user experience.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Work with clients and stakeholders to understand business and communications requirements and translate these requirements into functional system designs.
- Conduct efficient and professional site visits to understand and document scope of projects
- Create schematics, signal flow, control diagrams, wiring specs, floor plans, and elevations
- Possess the ability to interpret construction drawings and document on Electrical, and Mechanical drawings
- With infrastructure and IT network requirements, include systems requirements for power location, load, data connections, and IP addresses
- Manage the clients’ expectations with regards to scope and timeline
- Update/revise drawings for room modifications and installations
- Assemble design documentation to assist in the generation of cost and labor estimates
- Facilitate final design review process and QA assessment
- Schedule meetings as needed to keep project and project teams/stakeholders on track and well informed on design status
- Participate in commissioning of systems including testing and checkout procedures.
- Take information learned from commissioning, post room QC punch list and user feedback to improve future designs
- Proficient in AV best practices and ability to convey technical information to non-technical stakeholders.
- In-depth knowledge of legacy and cutting-edge multimedia systems and equipment used in best-in-class conference centers
- Proficient with AutoCAD and Engineering documentation skills. Experience with REVIT and Visio also preferred.
- Self-motivation to research and test new technologies; enthusiasm for technology solutions and new approaches to familiar challenges
- Strong analytical, problem-solving and troubleshooting skills related to A/V design & equipment
- Ability to interface effectively with a variety of people including team personnel, clients and vendors to establish productive, ongoing relationships
- Excellent organizational and multitasking skills
- Familiar with all types of AV equipment and control systems, including AMX, Crestron, Dante and Extron equipment.
- Understanding of LAN/WAN hardware and software for switches, hubs, routers, bridges, modems, multiplexors, point-to-point data circuits via copper and fiber for audio and video
- Ability to liaise with other departments and contractors to coordinate and facilitate installation process and progress.
- Ability to liaise with manufacturers and integrators to install, test and recalibrate new and newly repaired gear
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
- AVIXA CTS-D required
- Minimum 10 years A/V, broadcast or integration experience; large market/facility
- 5+ years’ experience in design, installation and integration
- Bachelor’s degree in Music/Audio Production, Electronic Engineering, Communications or related field. Technical school training with equivalent experience also considered.
CUSTOMER SERVICE COMMITMENT
TeamPeople is an organization dedicated to providing superior customer service. Outstanding customer service encompasses everything from performing the technical, creative and operational aspects of our jobs to the best of our ability, to going the extra mile to assist our customers and colleagues in any way necessary. TeamPeople is an Equal Opportunity Employer.