US-based companies identify “an inadequate supply of qualified and skilled talent” as the second-biggest threat to their performance—second only to competitive pressure. The In-House Agency Forum recently reported that 67% of in-house agencies feel they are not adequately staffed to meet business demands. Under these conditions, the search is on when it comes to finding great talent at the right time.
Every hiring manager is concerned with time-to-fill and research conducted by The Delivering High Insights Group (DHI) for 2017 shows that the amount of time a position remained opened reached an all-time high in April of 2017. The hiring process, for many companies, is expensive, time-consuming, and interrupts the strategic focus of the brand. For these reasons, TeamPeople is working with some of the most well-known Fortune 500 corporations to implement managed services.
Partnering with a third-party agency, like TeamPeople, allows the company to centralize and streamline the ability to produce and deliver more content, more effectively, and at a lower cost. TeamPeople’s managed services approach elevates the burden of recruiting, vetting and hiring by leveraging our proven process and fully-vetted database of 40,000+ professionals. Bottom line – we enable creative and technical teams to optimize costs and focus on the strategic components of their mission, while we focus on ours—delivering great talent, in a low-risk environment. TeamPeople’s managed services adds additional benefits to workflow optimization. With over a decade of industry experience, TeamPeople can offer assistance in workflow planning and resource utilization to optimize everyday functionality, saving both time and money.
The net result of TeamPeople’s managed services has impacted our clients to be able to garner a reduction of 25-35% in headcount while maximizing the amount of work produced through proper utilization of resources, centralizing workflow functions, data application and leveraging technology. Overall, some of our clients have experienced over 30% savings in their programs as well as becoming fully charged-back units.
TeamPeople has successfully implemented Managed Services for departments specializing in:
- In-house agency and creative services
- Audio/visual production
- Post-production services
- Digital media operations
- Broadcast operations
- Partnering with digital asset management and media management
Key drivers and benchmarks of a managed services approach:
- Agility– In the creative industry, needs change daily. Multi-city events occur regularly; technical project requirements evolve and there are certain times of the year where teams must be able to scale up and down to address moment-by-moment needs. If we had to identify the #1 advantage of our approach, this would be it. Our world-wide database of creative and technical talent allows us to quickly scale your team based on current project needs.
- Cost savings– A managed services approach allows you to quantify your costs. By creating benchmarks and rate cards, there is transparency in the cost of each hire. This approach also drives better utilization of talent while our clients’ costs typically decrease by a third.
- Innovation– We work with our clients to initiate seamless processes by driving efficiencies through new technology platforms and workflow solutions. With managed services, you’re free to pivot and remodel rather than being locked in to your existing workflow and procedures. A recent survey reports that while 90% of CFOs feel optimistic about growth through innovation, two thirds say that searching for skilled candidates stands in their way. We’re known for becoming a think tank for our clients and driving adaptation to emerging trends and systems.
- Compliance– A managed services approach decreases risk on all fronts. Brand risk drops, because every team member is committed to brand compliance. Legal risk dissipates since TeamPeople handles worker compliance and supplier ethics and audits. Our HR department handles classifications and legal issues, lines of accountability, and compliance with local, state, and federal wage and labor laws. This has become a growing area of concern by many as a report by the Department of Professional Employees (DPE) sates that “On both the federal and state levels, fines [for misclassification of workers] can be as much as 100 percent of the employment tax due.”
Adopting a managed services model is known to be an efficient way to stay up to date on technology, have access to necessary skill-sets and address a range of issues related to cost, quality of work and risk. Our approach considers your brand, the people, technology and processes. Are you looking to scale your team? Does your technology infrastructure need a facelift? Reach out to me here.